House Clearance Witney Oxfordshire

House clearance Witney: As a Oxfordshire based company, Jeffrey Avery and Associates has been providing a complete house clearance service to members of the public, legal professionals, executors, and administrators, in Witney and surrounding areas, for over 35 years and is now one of the leading Witney house clearance companies. If you require any type of property to be cleared of its contents, and left clean and tidy so that it can be sold, or transferred to a landlord, we can help.

House Clearance in Witney: A fully comprehensive service.

We specialise in full house contents clearance. We can tackle any Witney house clearance job, of any size and in any location, even in circumstances where access is restricted. (eg Flats with no lifts,etc.)

We are also specialists in clutter clearance, and will be pleased to clear properties containing years of accumulated posessions, or which have abnormal amounts of general household items, sometimes as a result of illness, (eg compulsive Hoarding or OCD), or where the occupants were previously unwell and unable to care for themselves or their property, resulting in insanitary, dangerous conditions. We are expert clutter clearers.

I would like to thank Jeffrey Avery and Associates for the very careful, thorough and efficient job they made of clearing my late father's flat of his remaining possessions.

Extra to the excellent standard of the clearance, having dealt with Jeffrey personally, I found him to be only extremely helpful and responsive... Read more testimonials...

Becky Anderson.

Our Commitment to Quality

We are aware that a house clearance is often required in difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, and we pride ourselves on our expertise in carrying out our services with care, discretion, and with as little disruption as possible.

In particular, we will always:

Jeffrey Avery and Associates is a DOE registered waste carrier, and we comply with all applicable legislation with regard to the management and disposal of waste. We also carry full third party liability insurance.

Additional Services:

We provide a host of related, additional services, including deep cleaning of neglected houses, and the reinstatement of overgrown and out of control gardens, garden clearance, Central Heating, Water and Electricity Isolation, a comprehensive Locksmith Services, and a Hoarding Service. Our aim is to simplify the process of making your property ready for sale or transfer to a landlord.

Free advice and quotation

Our initial consultation and all our quotations are free and without obligation. Contact Jeffrey Avery on 0800 567 7769 for immediate attention.

Some interesting facts about Witney, Oxfordshire

The Church of England parish church of St Mary the Virgin was originally Norman. The north porch and north aisle were added in this style late in the 12th century, and survived a major rebuilding in about 1243. In this rebuilding the present chancel, transepts, tower and spire were added and the nave was remodelled, all in the Early English style. In the 14th century a number of side chapels and some of the present windows were added in the Decorated style. In the 15th century the south transept was extended and the present west window of the nave were added in the Perpendicular style. The tower has a peal of eight bells.

Holy Trinity Parish Church in Wood Green was built in 1849 in the style of early English. Both St. Mary the Virgin and the Holy Trinity, are now members of a parish team.

Witney Market began in the Middle Ages. Thursday is the day of the traditional market, but there is also a market on Saturday. Buttercross the market place is so called because people from nearby villages gathered there to buy butter and eggs. It was built in 1600 and its clock was added in 1683.

City Hall is the 18 th century. Local legend believes that it was designed by Sir Christopher Wren, but there is little evidence to support this claim.

Witney has long been an important crossroads on the River Windrush. Architect Thomas Wyatt rebuilt the Bridge Street Bridge in 1822.

The House of the Friends of Wood Green was built in the 18th century. Since 1997, the Quakers met in Witney in corn. The main street of the Methodist Church was built in 1850. Now is one of five churches and chapels in Witney Methodist. The Catholic parish of Our Lady and St. Hugh was founded in 1913. He first used a chapel built in the West End in 1881 but now has its own modern building. The old chapel in the West End is now Elim Christian Fellowship.

West End, part of the road to Hailey is one of the best preserved streets of Britain and inspired the song just an old house in a street of age. Although it is called West End, is actually on the north side of the city takes its name from when he was not really Witney parish, but at the western end of the parish adjacent to Hailey.

Witney housework was the Razor Hill (now Tower Hill). It 'was built in 1835-36 by architect George Wilkinson. It had four wings radiating from a central octagonal building, Chipping Norton works in the same house, which was also built by Wilkinson. His younger brother, William Wilkinson, has added a separate chapel in the house work Witney in 1860. During the First World War, during the war included a work-home prisoners of war. In 1940, Crawford became the design of the factory clamps and the chapel became a factory canteen. In 1979, Crawford Collets main buildings demolished and replaced with a modern factory, but the gates were, and the former chapel. In 2004 the factory was demolished and a modern renovation. Gate and chapel are once again survived, but the chapel is in poor condition.

Witney is famous for its wool blankets since the Middle Ages. Water production of these covered by the River Windrush, which was believed to be the secret of high quality blankets in Witney. Indoor Hall, High Street was built in 1721 to weigh and measure the covers. At one time there were five factories closed covered the city, but most felt creator, in 2002, the beginning, the city felt the industry completely stopped production. Factory soon, while an important and essential part of the history of the city, was demolished and the site has a number of new residential areas. Witney United FC to keep the nickname "Blanketmen" from traditional commerce in the city.

For many years, had its own brewery in Witney and the Maltings JW Clinch and Co., which was founded in 1841, Eagle Maltings. Clinch took courage and turn it off, but by 1983 the United Kingdom Wychwood Brewery Update is produced beers and Eagle Maltings. In 2002, Refresh UK was reduced to produce beers of WH Brakspear, who had sold the former brewery in Henley-upon-Thames for the restructuring. Update the United Kingdom also produces beer for the Prince of Wales Duchy business' Originals.

The Witney Railway opened in 1861, linking the city of Yarnton where the line joined the Oxford, Worcester and Wolverhampton Railway. In 1873, he opened the railway linking Witney and Fairford Lechlade Gloucestershire with. The Great Western Railway operates services on both lines and eventually took over. In 1962, British Railways closed the EGR and completely eliminate the trains passenger trains Witney. In 1970, Witney BR closed the train was dismantled completely.

Interesting facts source: Wikipedia



Call us on 0800 567 7769 Email us Our Facebook Page Follow Us On Twitter