House Clearance Winchmore Hill London N21

House clearance Winchmore Hill N21: As a London based company, Jeffrey Avery and Associates has been providing a complete house clearance service to members of the public, legal professionals, executors, and administrators, in Winchmore Hill, N21 and surrounding areas, for over 35 years and is now one of the leading Winchmore Hill house clearance companies. If you require any type of property to be cleared of its contents, and left clean and tidy so that it can be sold, or transferred to a landlord, we can help.

House Clearance in Winchmore Hill: A fully comprehensive service.

We specialise in full house contents clearance. We can tackle any Winchmore Hill house clearance job, of any size and in any location, even in circumstances where access is restricted. (eg Flats with no lifts,etc.)

We are also specialists in clutter clearance, and will be pleased to clear properties containing years of accumulated posessions, or which have abnormal amounts of general household items, sometimes as a result of illness, (eg compulsive Hoarding or OCD), or where the occupants were previously unwell and unable to care for themselves or their property, resulting in insanitary, dangerous conditions. We are expert clutter clearers.

I would like to thank Jeffrey Avery and Associates for the very careful, thorough and efficient job they made of clearing my late father's flat of his remaining possessions.

Extra to the excellent standard of the clearance, having dealt with Jeffrey personally, I found him to be only extremely helpful and responsive... Read more testimonials...

Becky Anderson.

Our Commitment to Quality

We are aware that a house clearance is often required in difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, and we pride ourselves on our expertise in carrying out our services with care, discretion, and with as little disruption as possible.

In particular, we will always:

Jeffrey Avery and Associates is a DOE registered waste carrier, and we comply with all applicable legislation with regard to the management and disposal of waste. We also carry full third party liability insurance.

Additional Services:

We provide a host of related, additional services, including deep cleaning of neglected houses, and the reinstatement of overgrown and out of control gardens, garden clearance, Central Heating, Water and Electricity Isolation, a comprehensive Locksmith Services, and a Hoarding Service. Our aim is to simplify the process of making your property ready for sale or transfer to a landlord.

Free advice and quotation

Our initial consultation and all our quotations are free and without obligation. Contact Jeffrey Avery on 0800 567 7769 for immediate attention.

Some interesting facts about Winchmore Hill, London N21

Prior to the Roman invasion, Hertfordshire, Essex and Middlesex were occupied by the Belgian Catuvellauni tribe. It is believed that this tribe built an ancient hill fort on the mound where Bush Hill Park Golf club HQ now stands.

The earliest recorded mention of Winchmore Hill is in a deed dated A.D. 1319 in which it is spelt Wynsemerhull. In Old English, 'merhull' translates according the Concise Oxford Dictionary of English place names as 'boundary hill'. It might be speculated that the overall title could mean 'Wynsige's boundary hill'. By 1395 the name had been altered to Wynsmerhull and by 1565 the village was known as Wynsmorehyll, becoming Winchmore Hill by the time it was mentioned in state papers in 1586.

There are many buildings of historical note in Winchmore Hill including St Paul's Church, which was built as a Waterloo church on land donated from the Grovelands estate. The church ceiling was said to be the largest unsupported expanse of plasterwork in Europe until its renovation in the 1960s introduced concealed supports. The original wooden clapboard St Paul's School building can be seen a little further down Church Hill. The remains of the second brick and stone, school building are evident in the walls of the church car park. The current 1960s building is on Ringwood Way, off Station Road. Other historical buildings may be seen on Wades Hill, leading north from The Green. On your right, just beyond the shops, are some cwooden lapboard cottages; beyond these on the left is a tall 5-storey residential building dating back to 1710. This is in the style of the Georgian town houses of London's West End, but stands alone. It once had a partner house to its right, which was demolished by its owners, Keble School (in the days before such buildings were 'listed'). Keble School has in recent years re-erected a similar-style building on the site here.

The oldest pub in the district is probably the Green Dragon - on Green Lanes. It is reputed to have started in 1726 on the junction of Green Lanes and Green Dragon Lane. The Victoria County History reveals that by 1752 The Green Dragon was established, although not in it present form. At that time, highwaymen were hanged near to where they were caught, and it is said that one was caught and executed on a gallows erected by the Green Dragon's front entrance. These gallows were not pulled down for a number of years, which might have prompted the owner to move the pub to its current location at the bottom of Vicars Moor Lane near the end of the 18th century. The original Green Dragon was pulled down in 1892 and the new one was extensively remodelled in 1935.

Reportedly, the Woodman pub near the end of Broadwalk was built in 1727, although there is also evidence to suggest it dates from 1820. Before the building obtained a pub licence in 1868, it was private residence.

Woodside House and Rowantree House on The Green at the end of Broadwalk were built in 1750 and of painted brick.

Numerous local buildings that were constructed between 1770 and 1839 remain today. Near the Dog and Duck on Hoppers Road are some old terraced houses built around 1770. Number 106A Vicars Moor Lane is a distinctive private residence that retains the facade of a chapel. To the east on the same road are a number of residences that were probably built around the late 18th or early 19th century.

In 1865 the Great Northern Railway Company obtained permission to build a new line to run from Wood Green to Hertford through Palmers Green and Enfield. However, in 1869 financial constrainsts forced the company to consider Enfield as the most Northern terminus. Palmers Green and Winchmore Hill were to be the intervening rural stations. The intention was to finish the line to Enfield by 1870 but the terrain was more troublesome than expected and five men met their death while laying the track. The branch opened on All-Fools day 1871, and the first passenger train came through Winchmore Hill creating a new suburb of London town. At first only 16 trains a day left Enfield, mostly for Moorgate.

An electric tramway along Green Lanes from Palmers Green was developed in 1907 helping to further develop the area. The tramway is now long gone, but the wide road remains and the 329 bus follows the tram route from Enfield to Turnpike Lane.

At the heart of the area is Winchmore Hill Green, a village green surrounded by shops and restaurants. Of particular note in Winchmore Hill is Grovelands Park which originated as a private estate before being partly being sold to the council in 1913. The part remaining in private hands now contains the famous Priory Clinic, which hosted General Pinochet whilst he was in the UK awaiting charges from the Spanish government.

Winchmore Hill is located in the Parliamentary constituency of Enfield Southgate. It is held by some that, in the 1997 General Election, the incumbent Member of Parliament Michael Portillo lost his seat in part due to the proposal to build a McDonald's restaurant on the site of the former Century House Conservative club, behind residences in Elm Park Road. This was never built; but the site is now occupied by a block of modern apartments. This is next to Tesco Express store and ESSO service station.

At the 2001 census, Winchmore Hill had 12,225 residents in 4,976 households. 80% of residences were owned by their occupiers. The population was in general rather more elderly than in the rest of Enfield - 38.3% being 45 or over, compared with 35.3% for the borough as a whole.

Interesting facts source: Wikipedia



Call us on 0800 567 7769 Email us Our Facebook Page Follow Us On Twitter