House Clearance Thame Oxfordshire

House clearance Thame: As a Oxfordshire based company, Jeffrey Avery and Associates has been providing a complete house clearance service to members of the public, legal professionals, executors, and administrators, in Thame and surrounding areas, for over 35 years and is now one of the leading Thame house clearance companies. If you require any type of property to be cleared of its contents, and left clean and tidy so that it can be sold, or transferred to a landlord, we can help.

House Clearance in Thame: A fully comprehensive service.

We specialise in full house contents clearance. We can tackle any Thame house clearance job, of any size and in any location, even in circumstances where access is restricted. (eg Flats with no lifts,etc.)

We are also specialists in clutter clearance, and will be pleased to clear properties containing years of accumulated posessions, or which have abnormal amounts of general household items, sometimes as a result of illness, (eg compulsive Hoarding or OCD), or where the occupants were previously unwell and unable to care for themselves or their property, resulting in insanitary, dangerous conditions. We are expert clutter clearers.

I would like to thank Jeffrey Avery and Associates for the very careful, thorough and efficient job they made of clearing my late father's flat of his remaining possessions.

Extra to the excellent standard of the clearance, having dealt with Jeffrey personally, I found him to be only extremely helpful and responsive... Read more testimonials...

Becky Anderson.

Our Commitment to Quality

We are aware that a house clearance is often required in difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, and we pride ourselves on our expertise in carrying out our services with care, discretion, and with as little disruption as possible.

In particular, we will always:

Jeffrey Avery and Associates is a DOE registered waste carrier, and we comply with all applicable legislation with regard to the management and disposal of waste. We also carry full third party liability insurance.

Additional Services:

We provide a host of related, additional services, including deep cleaning of neglected houses, and the reinstatement of overgrown and out of control gardens, garden clearance, Central Heating, Water and Electricity Isolation, a comprehensive Locksmith Services, and a Hoarding Service. Our aim is to simplify the process of making your property ready for sale or transfer to a landlord.

Free advice and quotation

Our initial consultation and all our quotations are free and without obligation. Contact Jeffrey Avery on 0800 567 7769 for immediate attention.

Some interesting facts about Thame, Oxfordshire

Thame was founded in the Anglo-Saxon era and and lay within the territory of the kingdom of Wessex.

Thame Abbey was founded in 1138 for the Cistercian Order: the abbey church was consecrated in 1145. In the 16th-century Dissolution of the Monasteries the abbey was suppressed and the church demolished. Thame Park (the house) was built on the site, incorporating parts of the abbey including the early 16th century abbot's house. Its interior is one of the earliest examples of the Italian Renaissance in England. A Georgian west-wing was added in the 18th century. In about 1840 parts of the foundations of the abbey church were excavated: it was 230 feet (70 m) long and 70 feet (21 m) wide, with a Lady Chapel extending a further 45 feet (14 m) at the east end.

Church of England parish church of the Virgin Mary was built around 1220 in early English style, but was later changed in the Gothic style decorated and perpendicular Gothic. The tower has a ring of eight bells, all cast in 1876.

Prebendary House is known to have existed in 1234 and the early English style chapel was built in 1250. The solar energy also dates from the 13th century, and both buildings have survived to this day. The rest of the prebendary House of centuries 14 and 15.

In 1550, the eunuch John Williams, Baron Williams of Thame a built hospices in Church Lane. He died in 1559, his will established local Grammar School. Its original building, completed in 1569, stands next to the hospice. In 1880 the school moved to its current location on Oxford Road. In 1971, he became a comprehensive school as the School Lord Williams.

The English Civil War in the 1640s saw Thame occupied in turn by the royalists and parliamentarians. After the battle of Chalgrove Field (1643), Colonel John Hampden, who had been educated in high school, died of his wounds at the house of Ezekiel Browne, who later became the Greyhound Inn. From 2010 some of the descendants still live in Hampden town.

Champion boxer James Figg bare hands was born in 1684 in Thame, and had his early fighting in the price of the Greyhound Inn.

In the 18th century, many buildings in the street as high ship-to-face have become modern facades built with locally produced salt crystal bricks. Towards the end of the 18th century, John Wesley preached in Thame. The congregation at that time was so great that the floor of the building gave way, and the crowd fell to the floor below.

Henry Boddington, known for his collaboration with the Strangeways Brewery in Manchester, to brew the beer that bears his name, was born in Thame, December 18, 1813 e

Thame Poor Law Union was founded in 1835 and the following year, George Wilkinson, the architect built the house work at Oxford Road. In the 20 th century the building became the headquarters of the College of Education Rycotewood further. In 2003, two other universities as Oxford and Cherwell College continuing education at Oxford and Cherwell Valley College hours.

Thame railway station was opened in 1862 as a temporary terminus for the railway expansion Wycombe High Wycombe. The expansion was completed in 1864, when it reached Oxford. In 1963, British Railways withdrew passenger service between Princes Risborough and Thame and Oxford closed station. BR dismantled track between Thame and Cowley, but kept the line between Thame and Princes Risborough open for freight traffic to and from an oil depot in Thame.

In 1940, McKenzie Willocks, a local truck driver, found a little treasure trove of coins and rings late medieval, near the River Thame. The coins were ten granules and had five rings decorated with examples of every 14 and 16th centuries. The county coroner said that a treasure, and therefore the property of the crown. Crown placed on permanent loan to the Ashmolean Museum treasure. Most of the decorative ring was the church, which includes a small sanctuary. The lid is decorated with a distinctive cross two horizontal lines, similar to the cross-Lorraine. Thame Town has introduced this cross in the city code.

In 1974, the M40 was extended in High Wycombe and Chilworth. Milton Junction 7 is about 3 kilometers (4.8 miles) south-west of Thame, when the access road to the city of London. In 1990, the M40 extension was completed, connecting the Thame road from Birmingham.

In 1987, British Rail and opened Haddenham Thame Parkway railway station at Haddenham, 2 miles (3.2 km) north of Thame, on the Chiltern Main Line. Chiltern Railways now offers passenger service between the station High Wycombe, Marylebone, Banbury and Birmingham Snow Hill.

In 1991, oil closed and dismantled Depot Thame road between Princes Risborough and BR Thame. Sustrans has reused old plate to create the route of Phoenix, part of the itinerary of the national network of cycle 57.

Interesting facts source: Wikipedia



Call us on 0800 567 7769 Email us Our Facebook Page Follow Us On Twitter