House Clearance Guildford Surrey

House clearance Guildford: As a Surrey based company, Jeffrey Avery and Associates has been providing a complete house clearance service to members of the public, legal professionals, executors, and administrators, in Guildford and surrounding areas, for over 35 years and is now one of the leading Guildford house clearance companies. If you require any type of property to be cleared of its contents, and left clean and tidy so that it can be sold, or transferred to a landlord, we can help.

House Clearance in Guildford: A fully comprehensive service.

We specialise in full house contents clearance. We can tackle any Guildford house clearance job, of any size and in any location, even in circumstances where access is restricted. (eg Flats with no lifts,etc.)

We are also specialists in clutter clearance, and will be pleased to clear properties containing years of accumulated posessions, or which have abnormal amounts of general household items, sometimes as a result of illness, (eg compulsive Hoarding or OCD), or where the occupants were previously unwell and unable to care for themselves or their property, resulting in insanitary, dangerous conditions. We are expert clutter clearers.

I would like to thank Jeffrey Avery and Associates for the very careful, thorough and efficient job they made of clearing my late father's flat of his remaining possessions.

Extra to the excellent standard of the clearance, having dealt with Jeffrey personally, I found him to be only extremely helpful and responsive... Read more testimonials...

Becky Anderson.

Our Commitment to Quality

We are aware that a house clearance is often required in difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, and we pride ourselves on our expertise in carrying out our services with care, discretion, and with as little disruption as possible.

In particular, we will always:

Jeffrey Avery and Associates is a DOE registered waste carrier, and we comply with all applicable legislation with regard to the management and disposal of waste. We also carry full third party liability insurance.

Additional Services:

We provide a host of related, additional services, including deep cleaning of neglected houses, and the reinstatement of overgrown and out of control gardens, garden clearance, Central Heating, Water and Electricity Isolation, a comprehensive Locksmith Services, and a Hoarding Service. Our aim is to simplify the process of making your property ready for sale or transfer to a landlord.

Free advice and quotation

Our initial consultation and all our quotations are free and without obligation. Contact Jeffrey Avery on 0800 567 7769 for immediate attention.

Some interesting facts about Guildford, Surrey

It is believed that Guildford was founded by Saxon settlers shortly after Roman authority had been removed from Britain (which was c.410AD). The site was likely chosen because the Harrow Way (an ancient trackway that continues along Hog's Back) crosses the River Wey at this point, via a ford. This probably gives rise to the second half of Guildford's name. The root of the first part is gold rather than society or meeting place. The Saxon name would have been Gyldeford, meaning golden ford. It has been suggested that the gold may refer to golden flowers by the ford, or the golden sand, but this is not certain. There is an old coaching Inn on the Epsom Road previously called the 'Sanford Arms', which almost certainly derives from 'Sand Ford', so this adds weight to the suggestion that 'Guildford' is a corruption of 'Gold Ford', referring to the very distinctive golden sand showing on the banks of the River Wey where it cuts through the sandy outcrop just south of the town.

Sir Thomas Malory, Le Morte d'Arthur, Guildford identified Astolat Arthur is well known. Guildford Model Railway Club, Astolat Model Railway Circle, and the local pub, Astolat are just a few memories of modern legend, which is located in the city.

From 978 Guildford was the location of the Mint.

Guildford Castle dates back to Saxon times, if not sooner. Its location in the transition through the hills taken by the way, and also, presumably, once overlooked the ancient ford across the Wey, giving a key checkpoint in this way the East-West Main throughout the country, like Windsor Castle and the Tower of London, once stored the Thames.

Guildford appears in the Domesday Book of 1086 and that Geldeford Gilde Ford, a farm of William the Conqueror. King held 75 Haga (houses surrounded by fences) and the city was £ 32nd Stoke, a suburb of Guildford today, appears in the book as Stoch, and was also held by William. Its Domesday assets were: 1 church, 2 mills worth 5 years, 22 plows, 16 acres (65,000 m2) of grassland and woodland worth 40 hogs. Stoke were listed as being in the park of the King, with a reproduction of £ 15.

William the Conqueror used the path when he returned to the campaign, including Guildford, after his victory at the Battle of Hastings. He then had the castle built or rebuilt in the classic style of Norman, whose tower still stands. Another important objective of the Norman castle was built to intimidate the population and also won in Guildford was the case. As the threat of invasion less and the state of insurrection of the castle, has been downgraded to a royal hunting lodge that Guildford was at that time, the edge of Windsor Great Park. Was visited several times by King John and King Henry III. The surviving parts of the castle were restored in Victorian times, and then in 2004 the remaining area is a pleasant public garden.

In 1995, a fourth was found on the main street, which is regarded as the abode of the 12th century, Guildford Synagogue. Although this remains a controversial issue, probably the oldest synagogue still in Western Europe.

Guildford elected two members of the House of Commons unreformed. From Century 14 to Century 18, which prospered with the wool trade.

In the 14th century Guildhall was built and remains today as a notable landmark of Guildford. The north end was extended in 1589 and the council chamber was added in 1683. It was in 1683 when the clock was made for the facade of the building and can be seen everywhere in the High Street.

In 1598, according to a lawsuit for a sport called kreckett be played at the Royal Grammar School, Guildford was built in 1509 and became a Royal Grammar School in 1552 granted by Edward VI. The Oxford English Dictionary gives this as the first case in English cricket.

In 1619 George Abbot founded the hospital of the Holy Trinity, is now commonly known as Abbot's Hospital, one of the best series of hospices in the country. It is located at the top of High Street, opposite the Church of the Holy Trinity. Brick, three-storey entrance tower overlooking the church, a large stone arch introduces the courtyard. Every corner of the tower is an octagonal tower rises an additional layer of lead ogee domes.

Interesting facts source: Wikipedia



Call us on 0800 567 7769 Email us Our Facebook Page Follow Us On Twitter