House Clearance Gravesend Kent

House clearance Gravesend: As a Kent based company, Jeffrey Avery and Associates has been providing a complete house clearance service to members of the public, legal professionals, executors, and administrators, in Gravesend and surrounding areas, for over 35 years and is now one of the leading Gravesend house clearance companies. If you require any type of property to be cleared of its contents, and left clean and tidy so that it can be sold, or transferred to a landlord, we can help.

House Clearance in Gravesend: A fully comprehensive service.

We specialise in full house contents clearance. We can tackle any Gravesend house clearance job, of any size and in any location, even in circumstances where access is restricted. (eg Flats with no lifts,etc.)

We are also specialists in clutter clearance, and will be pleased to clear properties containing years of accumulated posessions, or which have abnormal amounts of general household items, sometimes as a result of illness, (eg compulsive Hoarding or OCD), or where the occupants were previously unwell and unable to care for themselves or their property, resulting in insanitary, dangerous conditions. We are expert clutter clearers.

I would like to thank Jeffrey Avery and Associates for the very careful, thorough and efficient job they made of clearing my late father's flat of his remaining possessions.

Extra to the excellent standard of the clearance, having dealt with Jeffrey personally, I found him to be only extremely helpful and responsive... Read more testimonials...

Becky Anderson.

Our Commitment to Quality

We are aware that a house clearance is often required in difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, and we pride ourselves on our expertise in carrying out our services with care, discretion, and with as little disruption as possible.

In particular, we will always:

Jeffrey Avery and Associates is a DOE registered waste carrier, and we comply with all applicable legislation with regard to the management and disposal of waste. We also carry full third party liability insurance.

Additional Services:

We provide a host of related, additional services, including deep cleaning of neglected houses, and the reinstatement of overgrown and out of control gardens, garden clearance, Central Heating, Water and Electricity Isolation, a comprehensive Locksmith Services, and a Hoarding Service. Our aim is to simplify the process of making your property ready for sale or transfer to a landlord.

Free advice and quotation

Our initial consultation and all our quotations are free and without obligation. Contact Jeffrey Avery on 0800 567 7769 for immediate attention.

Some interesting facts about Gravesend, Kent

The town was recorded as Gravesham in the Domesday Book in 1086 as belonging to Odo, Bishop of Bayeux: the name probably derived from "graaf-ham": the home of the Reeve, or Bailiff, of the Lord of the Manor. Another theory suggests that the name Gravesham may be a corruption of the words grafs-ham – a place "at the end of the grove". Frank Carr asserts that the name derives from the Saxon Gerevesend, the end of the authority of the Portreve, (originally Portgereve), the officer in charge of the town. The Domesday spelling is the only historical record; all other spellings - in the later (c1100) Domesday Monarchorum and in Textus Roffensis the town is Gravesend/Gravesende. Gravesham has however been adopted for the 1974 Borough title. Some of the locals believe, however, that the name was born when the bodies of those who died from the plague in London were buried in the town in attempts to put an end to it. Hence the name Graves-end. This is clearly not the case as the plague was in 1665 - a full 500 years after the name Gravesend/Gravesende was referred to (see above).

Stone Age were found in the region to implement, because there is no evidence of Capo Ferro spring nearby settlement. Extensive Roman remains have been found near Vagniacae (Head of the spring), and Gravesend lies immediately north of their road connecting London to Kent coast - now called Watling Street. Domesday Book recorded hythes factories and fishing here.

In the gardens of Fort is Milton Chantry, Gravesend's first existing building in the late 13 th century. It 'was re-established around the site was founded in 1321 the hospital in 1189 At that time, was supported by lands in Essex.

Gravesend has one of the oldest surviving markets in the country, his first letter dates from 1268. The city status was awarded to two parishes of Gravesend and Milton, the Charter was received in the year. The first Mayor of Gravesend was elected that year, while the first Town Council was created by the 1573: it was replaced in 1764. A new facade was built in 1836. Despite its use as City Hall was completed in 1968, when the new Civic Center opened its doors, he continued to use as the Magistrates' Courts. Currently (2004), is obsolete, and discussions are underway with a view to their future.

In 1380, during the Hundred Years War Gravesend was looted and burned.

In 1401, a real gift was published, allowing men to the town to operate boats between London and the city, which have become known as le''Ferry''Long. It has become the preferred way, because the dangers of road travel (see below).

Riverfront recorded in the archaeological remains of the river a fort built to the order of Henry VIII in 1543. At Fort Gardens is the new Tavern Fort built in 1780 and later extensively rebuilt by General Gordon between 1865 and 1879: it is now a museum, partly open air under the care of the local Historical Society Gravesend.

Travel by road in Gravesend, at the time very dangerous, because the main London-Dover road crossed Blackheath, Highwaymen known. Stagecoach from London to Canterbury, Dover and Faversham Gravesend using one of the "steps" in the future to the north of Tonbridge. In 1840 were 17 coaches to pick up passengers and change horses in each direction per day. There were two inns in the New Road: The new Prince of Orange and Lord Nelson. Coaches had operated the route for at least two centuries: Samuel Pepys records that have stopped at Gravesend in 1650.

Although many of the city's economy continues to include shipping trades, the other employees were large areas of concrete and paper.

During the period 1932-1956 was an airport located east of the city. It 'started in the civilian sector, but during World War II came to the Royal Air force fighter station, RAF Gravesend, and the city was heavily bombed by the Luftwaffe. In 1956 the site was transferred to the city council, a large estate known as the Riverview Park was built on it. At 03:35 GMT on Sunday, February 5, 1939, Alex Henshaw, the instrument away from Gravesend at Airfield record of an epic flight to Cape Town and back. He graduated from the airport 39 hours 36 minutes over the next four days. His record is still valid.

Interesting facts source: Wikipedia



Call us on 0800 567 7769 Email us Our Facebook Page Follow Us On Twitter