House Clearance Deptford London SE14

House clearance Deptford SE14: As a London based company, Jeffrey Avery and Associates has been providing a complete house clearance service to members of the public, legal professionals, executors, and administrators, in Deptford, SE14 and surrounding areas, for over 35 years and is now one of the leading Deptford house clearance companies. If you require any type of property to be cleared of its contents, and left clean and tidy so that it can be sold, or transferred to a landlord, we can help.

House Clearance in Deptford: A fully comprehensive service.

We specialise in full house contents clearance. We can tackle any Deptford house clearance job, of any size and in any location, even in circumstances where access is restricted. (eg Flats with no lifts,etc.)

We are also specialists in clutter clearance, and will be pleased to clear properties containing years of accumulated posessions, or which have abnormal amounts of general household items, sometimes as a result of illness, (eg compulsive Hoarding or OCD), or where the occupants were previously unwell and unable to care for themselves or their property, resulting in insanitary, dangerous conditions. We are expert clutter clearers.

I would like to thank Jeffrey Avery and Associates for the very careful, thorough and efficient job they made of clearing my late father's flat of his remaining possessions.

Extra to the excellent standard of the clearance, having dealt with Jeffrey personally, I found him to be only extremely helpful and responsive... Read more testimonials...

Becky Anderson.

Our Commitment to Quality

We are aware that a house clearance is often required in difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, and we pride ourselves on our expertise in carrying out our services with care, discretion, and with as little disruption as possible.

In particular, we will always:

Jeffrey Avery and Associates is a DOE registered waste carrier, and we comply with all applicable legislation with regard to the management and disposal of waste. We also carry full third party liability insurance.

Additional Services:

We provide a host of related, additional services, including deep cleaning of neglected houses, and the reinstatement of overgrown and out of control gardens, garden clearance, Central Heating, Water and Electricity Isolation, a comprehensive Locksmith Services, and a Hoarding Service. Our aim is to simplify the process of making your property ready for sale or transfer to a landlord.

Free advice and quotation

Our initial consultation and all our quotations are free and without obligation. Contact Jeffrey Avery on 0800 567 7769 for immediate attention.

Some interesting facts about Deptford, London SE14

Deptford is an area on the south bank of the River Thames in south-east London. It is named after a ford of the River Ravensbourne, and from the mid 16th century to the late 19th was home to Deptford Dockyard, the first of the Royal Dockyards. This was a major shipbuilding dock and attracted Peter the Great to come and study shipbuilding. Deptford and the docks are associated with the knighting of Sir Francis Drake by Queen Elizabeth I aboard the Golden Hind, the legend of Sir Walter Raleigh laying down his cape for Elizabeth, Captain James Cook's third voyage aboard Resolution, and the mysterious murder of Christopher Marlowe in a house along Deptford Strand.

Although Deptford began as two small communities, one in the ford, and the other a fishing village on the banks of the Thames, Deptford and the history of the population was mainly associated with springs established by Henry VIII. The two communities have grown together and flourished while the docks were the main administrative center of the British navy, and some luxury houses, and Sayes Court, the home of writer John Evelyn, and have the House in Lewisham Way has emerged. The region has declined as the first Royal Navy has moved, then the commercial docks fell to last spring, convoys Wharf, closed in 2000.

A metropolitan area of Deptford was formed in 1900 Then in 1965, the region became part of the new London Borough of Lewisham, as he always is.

Deptford began life as a Ford Ravens Bourne (near what is now Deptford Bridge station) along the road from the ancient Celtic way that has evolved in the medieval street Watling, he was part of the pilgrimage route from Canterbury London, used by pilgrims in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, and is mentioned in the prologue of "Tale Reeve". Ford became first a tree, a stone bridge, and in 1497 became the scene of the Battle of Deptford Bridge, where rebels from Cornwall, led by Michael A GOF, marched on London to protest against taxes penalty, but was soundly beaten by King's forces.

Copy of a map from 1623 Deptford Stronda with annotations by John Evelyn showing Sayes Court in the lower left corner and Deptford Green as "The Common Greene" just above the center-left (click to enlarge)

Another solution is developed in a small fishing village on the Thames, until Henry VIII used the site for the actual repair yard, construction and supply vessels, after which it grew in size and importance - shipbuilding remain operational until March 1869. , Trinity House, the organization concerned with safety at sea around the British Isles, was founded in Deptford in 1514, when the first Master Spert Thomas, captain of the Mary Rose, and remained until 1618, then go to Stepney. The name "Trinity House" comes from the Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Clement, which is located next to the yard.

Originally separate from the orchards and fields, two areas are united in the years with the site becoming an important part of the search for Elisabeth. Queen Elizabeth I visited the site real-April 4, 1581 rider adventurer Francis Drake. as well as exploration, Deptford is an important market - its East India Company set up his chair in Deptford from 1607 until the late 17th century. It 's also been associated with the slave trade, John Hawkins to use as a base for its operations , and Olaudah Equiano, a slave, who later became an important part of the abolition of the slave trade , a captain had to sell another Deptford around 1760.

Journal writer John Evelyn lived in Deptford at Sayes Court of the 1652nd Evelyn inherited the house when he married the daughter of Sir Richard Browne in 1652. On his return to England at the Restoration, Evelyn had placed meticulously planned gardens in the French style of hedges and parterres. In his reasoning was a holiday at any time by the master sculptor committed Grinling Gibbons. After Evelyn had moved to Surrey in 1694, Russian Tsar Peter the Great studied shipbuilding for three months in 1698. He and some of his fellow Russians stayed at Sayes Court manor Deptford. Evelyn was angry antics against the Tsar, who got drunk with friends and using a wheelbarrow with Peter he has succeeded in ramming their way through a fine holly hedge. Sayes Court was demolished in 1728-9, and a workhouse built on its website.

Docks had declined steadily from the 18th century, the largest ships built Thames is difficult to navigate, and Deptford was under the competition of new docks at Plymouth, Portsmouth and Chatham When the Napoleonic wars ended in 1815 it. The need to build docks and repair ships of war have fallen, Docks moved from shipbuilding to focus more on deliveries to the Royal Victoria Victualling Yard, and Royal Dock finally completed in 1869 From 1871 until 'to the First World War, the shipyard. was the City of London Corporation cattle market of Foreign Affairs, , where girls and women slaughtered sheep and cattle until the early 20th century. [nb 1] At its peak around 1907, more than 234,000 animals have been imported every year by the market, but in 1912 these figures had fallen to less than 40,000 per year.

International. In mid 1990, although investment has been made on the site, became profitable to continue using the site as a platform of goods . In 2008, Hutchison Whampoa has bought 16 hectares site with News International plans for a development program of 3,500 pounds 700m home . Olympia Gallery renovated Grade II in the remodeling of the site .

Deptford experienced economic recession in the 20th century, and the closure of shipyards and bomb damage during World War II - a V-2 rocket was destroyed in precisely Woolworths stored outdoors Deptford Town Hall, 160 people died. high unemployment caused some people to leave the river area completed in late 1960 and early 1970. The city council has been developed with private companies for the reform of the River Cam, , and the city center.

Manor of Deptford and West Greenwich has been given by William the Conqueror, when Gilbert de Magminot or Maminot bishop of Lisieux, is one of the eight barons with John de Fiennes defend the castle of Dover. Maminot held by the head of his barony is Deptford and, according to John Lyons wrote in 1814, he built a castle or palace Deptford crown, from which all traces of the time was long ago buried in the ruins but there are still some ancient foundations, which had been found on the site is probably the front and near Broomfield Mast Dock and near Sayes Court.

Originally under the control of the former parish of St. Paul and St. Nicolas in 1900, was a Metropolitan Borough of Deptford formed from the parish of St. Paul South, with St. Nicolas and the area around Holmen fall under the direction of the Metropolitan Borough of Greenwich. According to the London Government Act 1963, Metropolitan Borough of Deptford in 1965 absorbed into the newly formed London Borough of Lewisham, with the area around Holmen transferred to Lewisham 1994 boundary adjustment of approximately 40 hectares (99 acres). The district consists of Evelyn in the north and New Cross in the south.

Deptford area boundaries Brockley and Lewisham, south, New Cross in the west and northwest, Rotherhithe, Deptford Creek separates east of Greenwich and the Thames separates the Isle of Dogs in the north-east It is contained in the London area postcode SE8 .

The name of Deptford - Depeford prior written which means "deep ford" - is derived from the place where the road from London to Dover, the old Watling Street (now A2), crosses the River Ravensbourne site what is now Bridge Deptford Deptford Broadway. The Ravensbourne passes under the A2 or less the same place through the DLR, and the point where it becomes tidal just after Lewisham College, is known as Deptford Creek, and empties into the Thames at Greenwich Scope.

Deptford was mostly located in Blackheath Hundred Kent County, where part of the Hatcham Surrey. was conducted in two parts, and in 1730 was divided into two parishes of St. Nicholas in the north and south of St. Paul. the southern part of the ford was known as River North area and known as the Deptford Strand Deptford. It 's also been known as West Greenwich, Greenwich is a modern city in East Greenwich, until he fell through the use of the 19th century. During the fall Deptford within the Metropolitan Police District in 1830 and was involved in the responsibility of the Metropolitan Government Works in 1855. And 'the provincial government was moved to London in 1889 and became part of Greater London in 1961.

Part of around Sayes Court property was purchased in 1742 for the Admiralty shipyard construction supplies, renamed in 1858 after a visit by Queen Victoria as Royal Victoria Yard. This massive facility included warehouses, a bakery, a shop cattleyard / abattoir and sugar, and closed in 1960. All that remains is the name in a public park called Sayes Court Park, accessible from Sayes Court Street, Evelyn Street, Deptford High Street. Today Pepys Estate, opened July 13, 1966, is located on the former site of Victoria Royal Arsenal .

The court supported by the Ministry of War in 1914, and served as an army depot reserve supply in the First and Second World War. The site is still used before being bought by Convoys (importers of newsprint) in 1984 and ended in the ownership of the New.

Interesting facts source: Wikipedia



Call us on 0800 567 7769 Email us Our Facebook Page Follow Us On Twitter