House Clearance Croydon Surrey

House clearance Croydon Surrey: As a London based company, Jeffrey Avery and Associates has been providing a complete house clearance service to members of the public, legal professionals, executors, and administrators, in Croydon, Surrey and surrounding areas, for over 35 years and is now one of the leading Croydon house clearance companies. If you require any type of property to be cleared of its contents, and left clean and tidy so that it can be sold, or transferred to a landlord, we can help.

House Clearance in Croydon: A fully comprehensive service.

We specialise in full house contents clearance. We can tackle any Croydon house clearance job, of any size and in any location, even in circumstances where access is restricted. (eg Flats with no lifts,etc.)

We are also specialists in clutter clearance, and will be pleased to clear properties containing years of accumulated posessions, or which have abnormal amounts of general household items, sometimes as a result of illness, (eg compulsive Hoarding or OCD), or where the occupants were previously unwell and unable to care for themselves or their property, resulting in insanitary, dangerous conditions. We are expert clutter clearers.

I would like to thank Jeffrey Avery and Associates for the very careful, thorough and efficient job they made of clearing my late father's flat of his remaining possessions.

Extra to the excellent standard of the clearance, having dealt with Jeffrey personally, I found him to be only extremely helpful and responsive... Read more testimonials...

Becky Anderson.

Our Commitment to Quality

We are aware that a house clearance is often required in difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, and we pride ourselves on our expertise in carrying out our services with care, discretion, and with as little disruption as possible.

In particular, we will always:

Jeffrey Avery and Associates is a DOE registered waste carrier, and we comply with all applicable legislation with regard to the management and disposal of waste. We also carry full third party liability insurance.

Additional Services:

We provide a host of related, additional services, including deep cleaning of neglected houses, and the reinstatement of overgrown and out of control gardens, garden clearance, Central Heating, Water and Electricity Isolation, a comprehensive Locksmith Services, and a Hoarding Service. Our aim is to simplify the process of making your property ready for sale or transfer to a landlord.

Free advice and quotation

Our initial consultation and all our quotations are free and without obligation. Contact Jeffrey Avery on 0800 567 7769 for immediate attention.

Some interesting facts about Croydon, Surrey

Croydon is a town in South London, England, located within the London Borough of Croydon to which it gives its name. It is situated 9.5 miles (15.3 km) south of Charing Cross. The area is identified in the London Plan as one of 11 metropolitan centres in Greater London.

Croydon is located on the natural transport corridor between London and England's south coast, just to the north of two gaps in the North Downs, one followed by the route of the A23 Brighton Road from Purley to Merstham and the other followed by the A22 from Purley to the M25 Godstone interchange.

Historically, part of Surrey, at the time of the Norman Conquest of England Croydon had a church, a mill and about 365 inhabitants (as it appears in the Domesday Book of 1086). Croydon expanded in the Middle Ages as a market town and a center for the manufacture of charcoal, tanning and brewing. Surrey Iron Railway from Wandsworth to Croydon was opened in 1803 and was the first horse drawn public railway, which later developed into an important means of transport - facilitating the growth of Croydon as a suburb of the city of London and beyond. In the early 20th century, Croydon is an important industrial area known for automobile manufacturing, metallurgy and its airport. In the mid 20th century, these sectors have been replaced by the economics of retail and service, following the massive redevelopment, which has seen office buildings and shopping Whitgift. Croydon has been merged with Greater London in 1965.

Road traffic is now shifted from a downtown mostly pedestrian, but its main railway station, East Croydon, is still an important hub in the transport system the national railway company. The city should have its urban planning changed as part of Croydon Vision 2020.

Like the vast majority of place names in the region are Anglo, the most probable theory is that the name Croydon derives originally from the Anglo-Saxon Crohas which means "crocus", and Denu which means "valley", indicating that, as Saffron Walden in Essex, has been a center for collecting saffron .

There is an alternative if the theory is probably the origin of the name. According to John Corbett Anderson, "The first mention of Croydon is in the common will and Aelfswth Beorhtric, around the year 962. In this work, the Anglo-Saxon name is written (in this case, use the original screenplay) Crogdaene. Crogan was and still is, the Norse or Danish word for crooked, which is expressed in the Anglo-Saxon by crumb, a word of Danish is totally different is our crook and crooked This term accurately describes the locality, is a valley .. twisted or liquidation. with reference to the valley that runs in an oblique and serpentine Godstone to Croydon". Anderson has rejected a claim, originally cited by Andrew Coltea Ducarel, that the name comes from the Old French for "Chalk Hill" because the name has been used at least a century before the French language was widely used after the Norman invasion.

There is a plaque recording a settlement in the Bronze Age Croham Hurst. There is also evidence of a Roman settlement in the region en route from London to Brighton Roman road, and a fifth to sixth century pagan Saxon cemetery.

Late Saxon was in the midst of a large property belonging to the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church building and territory of the archbishops' busy still known as the Old Town. Archbishops used the estate as an occasional residence, and continues to have significant links with the Lords of the Manor, the title was originally granted by Archbishop Lanfranc William the Conqueror, , and then the local sponsor to this day. Croydon shows Croindene Domesday Book. It was held by Archbishop Lanfranc of Canterbury. Its Domesday assets were 16 skins and a virgin, 1 church, 1 mill worth 5s, 38 plows, 8 acres (32000 m2), prairie, forest, value of 200 pigs. He paid £ 37 10s 0d .

In 1276, the archbishop received a charter for a weekly market, and this probably marks the founding of a town like Croydon. Croydon has become one of the major cities in the north-east Surrey. The market has been posted on the heights east of the mansion in the triangle now bounded by High Street, Surrey Street and Crown Hill. Of the 16 century manor was used as a palace substantial summer residence of the Archbishops main visits of monarchs and other dignitaries. The original palace was sold in 1781 by then dilapidated and surrounded by slums and stagnant ponds, and a new house, near Addington bought instead. Many buildings in the original palace Croydon survive and are used today as the Old Palace School.

The earliest record of Christian leaders in Croydon is an Anglo-Saxon about 960, demonstrated Elfsies, pastor Croydon. The Domesday Book contains the earliest written record of Croydon Church. The first record of the name of the church, 6 December 1347 when it was registered in the will of John Croydon, fishmonger, containing a succession of church S John Croydon. The church still bears weapons and Archbishop Courtenay Chicheley, supposed to be its benefactors.

Croydon Parish Church is a church in Perpendicular style, which was remodeled in 1849, but destroyed by a major fire in 1867, after which only the tower, south porch, and exterior walls remained. A new church was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott, one of the greatest architects of the Victorian era, and opened in 1870. Its design followed the design slightly above, with carved stone face many original features, including several important tombs. Croydon parish church is the burial place of six Archbishops of Canterbury, including John Whitgift, Edmund Grindal, Sheldon Gilbert, William Wake John Potter Thomas Herrera. Previously, part of the diocese of Canterbury, Croydon is currently in the diocese of Southwark. The Vicar of Croydon is an important job, in addition to the suffragan Bishop of Croydon.

Addington Palace is a Palladian mansion between Addington and Shirley Village, surrounded by landscapes of the park and golf courses in Croydon. After an Act of Parliament allowed to buy the house of the Archbishops of Canterbury in 1807 became the official residence of six Archbishops until its sale in 1898. In 1953 it was leased to the Royal School of Church Music until 1996 when it was leased to a private company that has developed as a place for conference and banqueting facilities, with plans for a health spa and country club. The grounds were designed by Capability Brown, and are primarily a golf course and a public park. A famous large cedar tree next to the Palace.

Elizabethan Whitgift hospices named "Hospital of the Holy Trinity", was stopped in the middle of Croydon (corner of North End and George Street), since they were erected by Archbishop John Whitgift. He begged and obtained permission of Queen Elizabeth I to establish a hospital and a school in Croydon for the "poor and powerless people" from the church of Croydon and Lambeth. The first stone was laid in 1596 and was completed in 1599.

Facilities were a real hospital or hospice offers accommodation between 28 and 40 people, and the construction nearby school and the teacher of the school house. Warden was a welfare payment chaplains. The building was built almoners rooms and various offices around the yard.

However, there was no long-term occupation of Denmark (see Danelaw) in Surrey, which was part of Wessex, and derived from the Danish nomenclature is very unlikely.

Interesting facts source: Wikipedia



Call us on 0800 567 7769 Email us Our Facebook Page Follow Us On Twitter