House Clearance Clerkenwell London EC1

House clearance Clerkenwell EC1: As a London based company, Jeffrey Avery and Associates has been providing a complete house clearance service to members of the public, legal professionals, executors, and administrators, in Clerkenwell, EC1 and surrounding areas, for over 35 years and is now one of the leading Clerkenwell house clearance companies. If you require any type of property to be cleared of its contents, and left clean and tidy so that it can be sold, or transferred to a landlord, we can help.

House Clearance in Clerkenwell: A fully comprehensive service.

We specialise in full house contents clearance. We can tackle any Clerkenwell house clearance job, of any size and in any location, even in circumstances where access is restricted. (eg Flats with no lifts,etc.)

We are also specialists in clutter clearance, and will be pleased to clear properties containing years of accumulated posessions, or which have abnormal amounts of general household items, sometimes as a result of illness, (eg compulsive Hoarding or OCD), or where the occupants were previously unwell and unable to care for themselves or their property, resulting in insanitary, dangerous conditions. We are expert clutter clearers.

I would like to thank Jeffrey Avery and Associates for the very careful, thorough and efficient job they made of clearing my late father's flat of his remaining possessions.

Extra to the excellent standard of the clearance, having dealt with Jeffrey personally, I found him to be only extremely helpful and responsive... Read more testimonials...

Becky Anderson.

Our Commitment to Quality

We are aware that a house clearance is often required in difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, and we pride ourselves on our expertise in carrying out our services with care, discretion, and with as little disruption as possible.

In particular, we will always:

Jeffrey Avery and Associates is a DOE registered waste carrier, and we comply with all applicable legislation with regard to the management and disposal of waste. We also carry full third party liability insurance.

Additional Services:

We provide a host of related, additional services, including deep cleaning of neglected houses, and the reinstatement of overgrown and out of control gardens, garden clearance, Central Heating, Water and Electricity Isolation, a comprehensive Locksmith Services, and a Hoarding Service. Our aim is to simplify the process of making your property ready for sale or transfer to a landlord.

Free advice and quotation

Our initial consultation and all our quotations are free and without obligation. Contact Jeffrey Avery on 0800 567 7769 for immediate attention.

Some interesting facts about Clerkenwell, London EC1

Clerkenwell is an area of Central London in the London Borough of Islington. From 1900 to 1965 it was part of the Metropolitan Borough of Finsbury. The well after which it was named was rediscovered in 1924. The watchmaking and watch repairing trades were once of great importance. Clerkenwell was once known as London's "Little Italy" because of the large number of Italians living in the area from the 1850s until the 1960s.

Clerkenwell took its name from the well of the clerks in Farringdon Lane (secretary is the plural genitive English environment of the clerk, a variant of Clerc, meaning literate person or priest). In the Middle Ages, carried in the mystery of London sexton annual plays there on biblical themes. A portion of the shaft is still visible, embedded in a building dating from 1980 called Well Court. It is visible through a window of this building on Farringdon Lane. Access to well managed by Islington Local History Centre and visits can be arranged by appointment.

The monastic order of knights agreements Hospital St. John of Jerusalem has its registered office in English in the Priory of Clerkenwell. (The Blessed Gerard founded to provide medical assistance during the Crusades.) St John's Gate (built by Sir Thomas Docwra in 1504) survives in a processed form of Priory Gate. His bridge, built in 1504 and remains the Place St. John's, was used for various purposes, after the dissolution of the monasteries, for example, the hometown of the Gentleman's Magazine in 1731, and the stage of the work of Dr. Johnson in this journal .

In modern times, the concierge again became associated with the order, and was already in the 20th century St John's Ambulance Association. Early English crypt beneath the chapel of the Order, which was otherwise largely built after the 1950 bombing of the war. Deception infamous "Cock Lane Ghost", in which Johnson took great interest, is guilty of a close.

Adjacent to the priory of St. Mary's convent of Benedictine, now completely disappeared, and St. James's church was rebuilt in 1792 on the site of the original church, which was part of the date of Norman. Chartreuse, near the border with the City of London, was originally a Carthusian monastery. After the dissolution of the monasteries in the Chartreuse, was a mansion, and the owner later, Thomas Sutton left with an endowment of school and hospital. The latter is still there, but the school moved to Surrey and its site is now part of the school of medicine at Barts Hospital.

In the 17th century South Clerkenwell became a fashionable place. Oliver Cromwell has a house in Clerkenwell Close, just off the green. More aristocrats had houses there, especially the Duke of Northumberland. [Edit] Before Clerkenwell became a built-up area, he had the reputation of a resort, just steps from the city, where Londoners could disport at its spas, there were several that are based on natural resources ferruginous springs tea gardens, and theaters. Now Sadler's Wells has survived as heir to this tradition, having been rebuilt several times and many changes of use, including ornamental gardens, theater, place of aquatic display, circus, music hall . Today is a leading theater and the place of modern dance.

Clerkenwell is also the location of three prisons: the Clerkenwell Bridewell, Cold Bath Fields prison (later Clerkenwell prison) and the new prison, later, the House of Detention, known as the scene of an attempted prison break in 1867 by terrorists who tried to skip a Fenian part of the building.

The Industrial Revolution has significantly changed the area. It became a center for breweries, distilleries and the printing industry. It was a singular reputation for the manufacture of watches and what activity has already employed many people around the area. flourishing craft workshops still carry some of the traditional industries such as jewelry. Clerkenwell is the home of Witherby, home of Europe's former printing. The company was founded in 1740 and whose ownership is primarily family holding, produces a wide range of commercial work, such as magazines, brochures, reports and accounts, brochures and information packets on its ease of printing place.

Clerkenwell Green is at the heart of the ancient people of the church, and has a mix of homes, offices and bars, dominated by the imposing old house in Middlesex sessions. It was built in 1782 and extended by the Victorians, and is now used as a Masonic temple. The name is a sort of historical relic Clerkenwell Green had no grass for over 300 years. However, in conveying an impression of his story, he gives the appearance of one of the best preserved town centers what is now central London. In Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, Clerkenwell Green, where Fagin and the Artful Dodger in Oliver induce thefts from shoppers in the bustling market once held. Indeed Dickens knew the area well and was a customer of the Savings Bank of Sekforde Finsbury Street, a street that connects Street Clerkenwell Green to San Juan.

Clerkenwell Green has always been associated with radicalism, the Lollards in the 16th century, the Chartists in the 19th century and the Communists in the early 20th century. In 1902, Vladimir Lenin moved the publication of Iskra (Spark) of the Socialist Federation of British-37a Clerkenwell Green, and questions 22 to 38 were actually edited it. At the time of Vladimir Lenin remains in Percy Circus, less than half million north of Clerkenwell Green. In 1903, the newspaper has been transferred to Geneva. It is said that Lenin and Joseph Stalin met a young Crown and Anchor Pub (now known as the Crown Tavern) on the green when he was visiting London in 1903. In the years 1920 and 1930, 37a Clerkenwell Green was a meeting place and the Communist Party of Marx Memorial Library was founded on the same site in 1933.

Clerkenwell St James was an ancient parish in the Finsbury division Ossulstone hundred of Middlesex. The vestry of the parish was an authority making the Metropolitan Board of Works in 1855. The area of the County Metropolitan Commission was in London in 1889. A Local Government Reform in 1900 abolished the Clerkenwell sacristy and the parish is part of the Metropolitan Borough of Finsbury. Alexandra Park, an enclave of the parish was transferred to Hornsey, Middlesex simultaneously. Clerkenwell City Hall was built in 1895 Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury Town Hall. Finsbury was a part of the borough of Islington in 1965 and the old town hall is empty and deteriorating for several years. It has since been sold to the Urdang Dance Academy

Clerkenwell tradition of publishing left running until the end of 2008 with The Guardian and The Observer has its headquarters on Farringdon Road, within walking distance of the Green. Their new offices are a short distance from King's Cross.

Interesting facts source: Wikipedia



Call us on 0800 567 7769 Email us Our Facebook Page Follow Us On Twitter