House Clearance Chipping Norton Oxfordshire

House clearance Chipping Norton: As a Oxfordshire based company, Jeffrey Avery and Associates has been providing a complete house clearance service to members of the public, legal professionals, executors, and administrators, in Chipping Norton and surrounding areas, for over 35 years and is now one of the leading Chipping Norton house clearance companies. If you require any type of property to be cleared of its contents, and left clean and tidy so that it can be sold, or transferred to a landlord, we can help.

House Clearance in Chipping Norton: A fully comprehensive service.

We specialise in full house contents clearance. We can tackle any Chipping Norton house clearance job, of any size and in any location, even in circumstances where access is restricted. (eg Flats with no lifts,etc.)

We are also specialists in clutter clearance, and will be pleased to clear properties containing years of accumulated posessions, or which have abnormal amounts of general household items, sometimes as a result of illness, (eg compulsive Hoarding or OCD), or where the occupants were previously unwell and unable to care for themselves or their property, resulting in insanitary, dangerous conditions. We are expert clutter clearers.

I would like to thank Jeffrey Avery and Associates for the very careful, thorough and efficient job they made of clearing my late father's flat of his remaining possessions.

Extra to the excellent standard of the clearance, having dealt with Jeffrey personally, I found him to be only extremely helpful and responsive... Read more testimonials...

Becky Anderson.

Our Commitment to Quality

We are aware that a house clearance is often required in difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, and we pride ourselves on our expertise in carrying out our services with care, discretion, and with as little disruption as possible.

In particular, we will always:

Jeffrey Avery and Associates is a DOE registered waste carrier, and we comply with all applicable legislation with regard to the management and disposal of waste. We also carry full third party liability insurance.

Additional Services:

We provide a host of related, additional services, including deep cleaning of neglected houses, and the reinstatement of overgrown and out of control gardens, garden clearance, Central Heating, Water and Electricity Isolation, a comprehensive Locksmith Services, and a Hoarding Service. Our aim is to simplify the process of making your property ready for sale or transfer to a landlord.

Free advice and quotation

Our initial consultation and all our quotations are free and without obligation. Contact Jeffrey Avery on 0800 567 7769 for immediate attention.

Some interesting facts about Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire

The Rollright Stones, a stone circle 2.5 miles (4.0 km) north of Chipping Norton, is evidence of prehistoric habitation in the area.

The town's name means 'market north town', with "Chipping" (from Old English cēping) meaning 'market'. It is not clear what the original Saxon settlement was north of, but John Blair, Professor of Medieval History and Archaeology at the University of Oxford, suggested in 2000 at a lecture in Chipping Norton Town Hall that Charlbury to the south, now a smaller town, was in Anglo-Saxon times a more important minster town and that Chipping Norton's "nor-" prefix refers to this geographical and pastoral relationship with Charlbury.

Chipping Norton started a small settlement at the foot of the hill with a stand-Motte and Bailey Castle, Chipping Norton. Only earthworks remain of the castle.

The parish church of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built on a hill near the castle. Some of the current building may date from the 12 th century. It will certainly maintain the characteristics of 13 and 14 centuries. Ship was a castle around 1485 with the clerestorey perpendicular style. This is also believed to have financed the construction of John Ashfield, wool merchant, for example, when St. Mary of the "wool churches". The clock tower was rebuilt in 1825 and has eight bells lying.

In the medieval wool production is the Cotswolds one of the richest parts of England. Many medieval buildings of the city as a result of this trade still survive. He became the new center of the city and the rest today. There is still a weekly market every Wednesday and the "Mop Fair" in September. In 1205, a new market place was built further up the hill.

Later, the sheep largely replaced by arable land, but agriculture remains important in this part of the Oxfordshire Cotswolds. Many original buildings around the square was rebuilt in the 18th century with the mode of Georgian facades.

An inscription in the records of hospitals were built in 1640 that "The work and the gift of Henry Cornish, Gent".

In 1796, James and William Hitchman Hitchman Brewery based in West Street. In 1849 the company built a large brewery in Albion Street, which included a malt and its own water wells. Three generations of Hitchman ran the brewery, but in 1890 Alfred Hitchman sold the business as a limited liability company. The new company grew by acquiring other breweries in 1891 and 1917. In 1924 it merged with Banbury Hunt Edmunds and Edmunds 1931 Hitchman Hunt closed the brewery in Chipping Norton.

Other industries in the city includes a woolen mill (see below), a glove factory, a tannery and an iron foundry.

Chipping Norton had a hospice in 1770. In 1836 the architect George Wilkinson built a new, larger workhouse. It had four wings radiating from an octagonal central building that looks like Witney hospice, which was also built by Wilkinson. The architect GE Street added a chapel in Chipping Norton in the workhouse 1856-1857. It ceased to be the hospital in 1929 and became a hospital in World War II. National Health Service took over in 1948, making Cotshill Hospital, later served as a psychiatric hospital. The hospital was closed in 1983. and has since been rebuilt as private residences.

Chipping Norton was one of the city's reformed by the Municipal Corporations Act, the 1835th The district has built its neoclassical town hall in 1842.

Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church is neoclassic. It was built in 1836 by architect John Adey Repton, a toddler-English garden designer Humphry Repton.

The railway opened in Chipping Norton in 1855, linking the city to Kingham Oxford, Worcester and Wolverhampton Railway. In 1887 a second railway is opened connecting the Chipping Norton, Oxford and Rugby railway in Kings Sutton, and RSS was part of the direct result of Banbury and Cheltenham railway connection. Extension of the railway from Chipping Norton was to dig a tunnel 685 meters (626 feet) long in Elmsfield farm west of town.

In the May 1873 revolt took place after conviction and sentencing of the Ascott Martyrs, sixteen local women are accused of attempting to interfere with scabs in the company.

In 1951, British Railways withdrew from passenger service between Chipping Norton and Banbury. In 1962, BR closed the railway station in Chipping Norton, and retired from passenger service between Kingham and Chipping Norton. In 1964, BR closed the B & CDR, freight, and then extract the line. Withdrawn from the rail tunnel is now walled up at both ends to prevent access, as well as the safety of persons and to protect any bats that may roost inside. (See the wildlife and Countryside Act, 1981)

Bliss Mill, on the west side of town, was built as a tweed mill in 1872. In 1913-1914 million workers struck for eight months. The plant closed in 1980 and has since been converted into apartments. It remains a local landmark, clearly visible from Worcester Road.

The city lost its status of municipal borough in 1974 when the Local Government Act 1972 is the successor to a parish in the district of West Oxfordshire.

Interesting facts source: Wikipedia



Call us on 0800 567 7769 Email us Our Facebook Page Follow Us On Twitter